Saturday, August 17, 2013

Great Start

Whew, the first three days of school flew by!  I am so proud of my "little monkeys."  We have already learned how to walk as a class in a straight line quietly through the hallway.  No small feat in Kindergarten I assure you!  We have also been working on name writing.  Please encourage your child to use a capital letter at the beginning and work on using a lowercase letter for the rest.  Use the verbal writing prompts sheet in the back of your child's yellow Leadership Notebook to assist you.

I have no doubt that next week will be a busy one.  We are ready to jump right in and learn the letters (LOGH) and the sight words (a, I , at, is).  Be sure you encourage your child to talk about school everyday and practice what we learn in the classroom.  Our first "Family Project" will be coming home this Monday.  Keep your eyes open for it!

No School Friday, August 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment